115g room temperature butter
165g cups caster sugar
1 egg, large
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (approximately 6 overripe medium sized bananas)
3tbsp plain yoghurt
170g of plain flour
3/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
3/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp fine sea salt
50g brown sugar
50g chopped macadamias/pecans/walnuts
Preheat oven to 175C.
- Cream the butter and sugar til soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Mix well the yoghurt and mashed bananas and add to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Once mixture is well combined, add the combination of flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and salt. Do not overmix.
- Spoon equally into a 12 hole muffin tin. You can either grease the tins well or use muffin cases.
- Prepare the streusel topping by mixing together the sugar, cinnamon and nuts by hand. Go on. Get a little filthy. I often find that I don’t bother chopping the nuts – I just bash them in the bag with the end of a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the streusel mix equally on top of the muffin mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30mins, until a cocktail stick comes out with just a mere crumble on it. Do not overbake.